Halifax Minor Ball Hockey LeagueEquipment
- CSA-approved hockey helmet with cage
- Ball hockey or soccer shin pads
- Hockey gloves
- Team T-shirts will be provided and are to be worn during all games. Additional clothing can be worn under the team T-shirt.
- Protective cup (Jock or Jill)
Elbow pads (We play on an asphalt surface)
- Plan for bad weather and pack a light-weight jacket
What About Hockey Sticks?
- The hockey pad is an asphalt surface.
- Players may use ANY regular styled hockey stick. No floor ball sticks.
- Plastic sticks are recommended. They tend to be cheaper, last longer and slide better on asphalt.
- Sticks must not be broken in any way and must have at least 1.5 inches of height to ensure they can not penetrate a regular face mask.
What About Goalie Gear
- The HMBHL will provide goalie gear for the U7 and U9 Learn to Play divisions.
- All goalies must wear their own helmets.
- A goalie can bring there own gear