Halifax Minor Ball Hockey LeagueEquipment
- The league will provide all players with a Team T-shirts. Team shirts are to be warn at all games. Additional clothing can be worn under the team T-shirt.
- CSA-approved hockey helmet with cage
- Ball hockey or soccer shin pads
- Hockey gloves
- Protective cup (Jock or Jill)
- Elbow pads (We play on an asphalt surface)
- Plan for bad weather and pack a light-weight jacket or long sleeve sweater.
What About Hockey Sticks?
- The hockey pad is an asphalt surface.
- Players may use ANY regular styled hockey stick. No floor ball sticks please as it is very difficult to pass or use the backhand with this type of stick.
- Plastic hockey sticks are welcomed. They tend to be cheaper, last longer and slide better on asphalt.
- Sticks must not be broken in any way and must have at least 1.5 inches of height to ensure they can not penetrate a regular face mask.
What About Goalie Gear
- A complete set of ball hockey goalie gear or ice hockey goalie gear must be worn.